AAI issues SOPs Domestic Flight Operation
New Delhi : Airport Authority of India (AAI) has issued Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to all its airports for recommencement of domestic commercial flight operation from May 25. According to the SOPs “All passengers must compulsorily be registered with the Aarogya Setu App on their phones. It shall be verified by the CISF/ Airport staff at the entry gate”
However, Aarogya Setu Aap is not mandatory for children below 14 years .
Airports Authority of India (AAI) has issued Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to all its airports for recommencement of domestic commercial flight operations from 25th May. All passengers must compulsorily be registered with the Aarogya Setu app on their phones as per the SOP. pic.twitter.com/95psLbFU6P
— ANI (@ANI) May 21, 2020
AAI issues SOPs for Domestic flight movements
- State Government and local administration to ensure availibility of proper public transport and private taxies for providing viral connectivity to the Airport for passengers as well as Airport /Airline staffs
- Kerb area/ City side traffic/ car parking area should be strictly monitored in coordination with traffic police/ CISF staffs to prevent congestion and to maintain social distancing
- For commuting to and from airport, both by staff and passengers , only the personal vehicles or select authorized taxi services/ transport services with restricted seating to be permitted
- Passengers should reach airport well in advance .They should reach airport 2 hours before the schedule time of departure and the passengers who have departure in next 4 hours will only be allowed to enter the Terminal Building. All passengers should wear required protective gears such as mask,gloves etc.
- All the departing passengers must compulsory be registered with ‘Aarogya Setu Aap’ on their mobiles and same shall be verified by CISF/ Airport staff at the entry gate. However, Aarogya Setu is not mandatory for children below age of 14 years.
- Passengers shall compulsory walk through Screening zone for Thermal Screening at a designated place in the city side before entering the terminal building. For this purpose, required number of thermal screening stations to be set at the city side by the airport operator . Passengers not showing Green on Aarogya Setu are not to be allowed airport operator. Temperature screening needs to be carried out with validated equipment and trained manpower to be provided by Airport operator.
AAI issues SOPS for Domestic Airport Operation
Earlier , Hardeep Singh Puri, said “Domestic civil aviation operations will recommends in a calibrated manner from Monday ,May 25, 2020”
Domestic civil aviation operations will recommence in a calibrated manner from Monday 25th May 2020.
All airports & air carriers are being informed to be ready for operations from 25th May.
SOPs for passenger movement are also being separately issued by @MoCA_GoI.
— Hardeep Singh Puri (@HardeepSPuri) May 20, 2020
However, the Government of India has not indicated when the International travel will resume.
Most airports are already functional as Cargo flights, those for medical evacuation and special flights to repatriate Indians stranded abroad have benn operating during the lockdown.
Read Also : Railways issued 200 Passenger train list