Kerala Travelers Killed in Nepal
Online Desk, Thiruvanathapuram : Sad news come from Nepal. 8 Kerala Tourists including 4 minors died in Nepal due to probable gas leak from a heater in their room at mountainous resort. The Indian Nationalists were airlifted to HAMS Hospital in Kathmandu where they were pronounced dead on arrival.
Makwanpur Police said the victims might have fallen unconscious due to asphyxiation . The victims were identified as Praveen Krishnan Nair, Saranya Sasi, Sreebhadra Praveen, Aarcha Praveen, Abhinav Saranya Nair, Ranjith Kumar Adatholath Punathil, Indu Lakshmi Peethambaran Ragalatha and Vyshnav Ranjith.
The deceased — two couples and four children — were part of a group of 15 people travelling from Kerala to Pokhara, a popular mountainous tourist destination.
Read Also : Kerala State Lottery Result Today
They were on their way back home and stayed at Everest Panorama Resort in Daman in Makawanpur district on Monday night.
According to the manager at the resort, the guests stayed in a room and turned on a gas heater to keep themselves warm.
Although they had booked a total of four rooms, eight of them stayed in a room and remaining others in another room, the manager said, adding that all the windows and the door of the room were bolted from inside.
(News Source : The Hindu)