Violent Face-off in Ladakh Border
New Delhi : Twenty Indian Army soldiers have been martyred during the violent face-off with Chinese soldiers at Galwan Valley in Ladakh on Monday night. Coincide, ANI claimed that sources had confirmed 43 Chinese soldiers have been killed or seriously injured because of intercepts. China officially not confirmed their casualties during Galwan Valley face-off.
Though the Indian Army didn’t elaborate on the exact number , it said that almost the same number of Chinese troops have been killed during the physical clashes at Ladakh border.
In an Official release , Army said “Indian and Chinese troops have disengaged at the Galwan area where they had earlier clashed on the night 15/16 June 2020 . 17 Indian troops who were critically injured in the line of duty at the stand-off location and exposed to sub-zero temperatures in the high altitude terrain have succumbed to their injuries , taking the total that were martyred in action to 20. The Indian Army is firmly committed to protect the territorial integrity and sovereignty of the nation”
Indian intercepts reveal that Chinese side suffered 43 casualties including dead and seriously injured in face-off in the Galwan valley: Sources confirm to ANI pic.twitter.com/xgUVYSpTzs
— ANI (@ANI) June 16, 2020
News Agency ANI claimed sources had confirmed 43 Chinese soldiers have been killed or seriously injured because of intercepts.
Speaking on the issue , Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) spokesperson Anurag Srivastava said both sides suffered casualties in the violent face-off and the Chinese side departed from the consensus to respect the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in the Galwan Valley.
The deaths are the first loss of life in the India-China border area in the last 45 years, and come amid a renewed disputes between two nation in recent weeks. Indian and Chinese soldiers, who often do not carry arms in the area to avoid escalating conflicts, engaged in physical clashes during de-escalation process last night.