LIVE: President Kovind Lauds Aadhaar, Says It Has Helped Securing Rights Of The Poor
LIVE: President Kovind Lauds Aadhaar, Says It Has Helped Securing Rights Of The Poor. President Ram Nath Kovind’s tends to a joint sitting of the Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha will stamp the start of the Budget Session 2018.
The Economic Survey of India, assessing the nation’s growth in the last financial year will be tabled in both houses of Parliament as the budget session commences on Monday.
Suggestions on government policies will also be made that would pave the way for Union Budget that will be presented by Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on February 1.
President Ram Nath Kovind’s address to a joint sitting of the Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha will mark the beginning of the Budget Session 2018.
The live updates:
- President hails ISRO for launch of 140 satellites in one go.
President lauds Aadhaar scheme says over Rs 57,000 crore prevented from going into wrong hands. Aadhaar has helped in securing the rights of the poor.
- Empowerment not appeasement of minorities is our govt’s motive.
By 2019, we plan to connect all villages with rural roads, says the President.
- Hope Parliament will soon pass the bill to ban instant talaq practices, says President Kovind
- President Kovind says he is hopeful that triple talaq bill will be passed by Parliament so that Muslim women can live with dignity.
- President Kovind says government keen on reducing economic disparity.