Bengal Corona Update : 153 tested positive in last 24 Hours
Kolkata : Out of 200 passengers who returned to Harishchandrapur (Malda) from Ajmer Sharif (Rajasthan) by a Shramik Special train , 10 were found positive for novel coronavirus. Seven of them were admitted to Malda Covid Hospital Yesterday. The other three have been admitted today. The special pilgrim train returned to Malda on May 5
However, in the last 24 hours , 153 new covid-19 positive cases have been reported in West Bengal. 14 corona infected patients died in last 24 hours. As per state government data, till date total 113 people have died due to Covid-19 infection. In addition , 72 more people died due to comorbidity .
In all, 1939 people have been infected with the disease in Bengal so far. At present, 1336 corona patients are undergoing treatment at various corona hospitals. 417 people have recovered and shifted to their native homes. 5921 people are still under surveillance at the Government quarantine centers.
Corona Update today : West Bengal
- Three people including a doctor and a health worker at the School of Tropical medicine in Kolkata, have tested Covid-19. There were admitted to Medical College hospital.
- There people died of noven coronavirus at AMRI Salt lake from last night to this morning. Among them is the eminent historian Harishankar Vasudevan .
- An employee of Howrah Sub-divisional hospital was infected .
- 3 new cases of corona positive reported in Jhargram district of Jangal Mahal
- A health worker of a private hospital in Medinipur also tested covid positive
- 3 asymptomatic Corona positive cases reported from Uttar Dinajpur district (Balurghat and Hemtabad)
- 1st covid-19 positive cases reported from Green zone North Dinajpur and Jhargram
Read Also : Low density earthquake in Delhi