As far back as India’s freedom, there have been a couple of occasions that have left a permanent stamp on our history. We recollect those occasions, with either a grin on our appearances or a tear streaming down our cheeks. Be that as it may, how were they revealed when they happened? What did the daily paper features of that time talk about those occasions?
Here’s bringing an outing down the world of fond memories and investigating the daily paper features of the occasions that moulded India into what it is at the present time!
1. India’s independence from the British Raj (1947)
2. Mahatma Gandhi’s Assassination (1948)
3. India becomes a republic (1950)
4. Indo-China War (1962)
5. Indo-Pak War and creation of Bangladesh (1971)
6. Emergency declared (1975)
7. Indira Gandhi’s assassination (1984)
8. Bombay bomb blasts (1993)
9. India wins the Kargil War (1999)
10. 26/11 Mumbai attacks